All requirements listed below are subject to change. For the most up-to-date information, please refer to the current application for each program.
Two-Year Program Prerequisites
- High School graduation or equivalency;
- MATH 105 (Intermediate Algebra) or equivalent, or higher;
- ENGL 1A, 1H, or 1S & 1T, or equivalent;
- CHEM 30A, or ANY equivalent Chemistry course with a lab OR 1 year of High school Chemistry;
- BIOL 40A, 40B & 40C, or a semester of Anatomy and a semester of Physiology or equivalent;
- AHS 52 or ANY medical terminology course that is 2 units or more;
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 or higher;
- Compliance with the technical standards (see the application).
Please refer to the Respiratory Therapy Equivalency Chart to check for equivalency if you plan to take, or have taken, prerequisite courses outside of Foothill College.
If the course is not listed, please check with a Foothill counselor.
- Respiratory Therapy Equivalency Chart
- Foothill College Transfer Equivalency Guide — See Allied Health Programs instructions.
General education courses are waived for students who have a bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. college or university.
The RSPT 200L course is strongly recommended for all applicants.
We're Here to Help!
Health Sciences and Horticulture Career Support