#DoublePell aims to increase student aid
Foothill College is pleased to announce our support of #Double Pell, a new national campaign aimed at encouraging Congress to double the maximum Pell Grant to $13,000.
The Double Pell Alliance, a coalition of higher education associations, organizations, and advocacy groups, is organizing the campaign in support of doubling the maximum Pell Grant by June 2022, the 50th anniversary of the creation of the program. Having Pell-eligible students involved in the campaign is critical to its success.
How you can help:
- Send an email to your members of Congress (your House member and both senators from your state)
letting them know why the Pell Grant is so important to you and asking that they support
efforts to double the maximum grant. The Take Action page of the #DoublePell website has a template email message you can use and a quick
and easy way to send your message to Congress directly.
- Share your story on the Pell Voices page of the campaign website so others can see what the Pell Grant
program means to you and how doubling the maximum award would help you.
- Use your social media accounts to speak out in favor of doubling the maximum Pell
Grant and encourage others to do the same. The Take Action page of the campaign website has some graphics you can use. Be sure to use #DoublePell
in all of your posts.
- Learn more about the importance of the Pell Grant program on the Resources page of the campaign website.
- Ask your families and friends to get involved by sending emails to their members of Congress and engaging via social media using the Take Action page.
Thank you for considering supporting efforts to double the maximum Pell Grant award.
August 2, 2021