There is no official program application - just complete the general application for Foothill College. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
There are no prereqisites for the Emergency Medical Technician program. Just complete the Foothill College general application and register for the first course in the series, EMS 52.
You are required to obtain thefollowing immunizations before you attend your Clinical rotations. More information will be provided during the course.
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR): either proof of MMR immunization within the last 8 years, or a positive titer (a blood draw showing that immunization already exists).
- Tetnus (DT, DPT or TD): immunization must be within the last 10 years
- Negative TB skin test (PPD): skin test date must be less than 6 months before beginning your clinical rotation (in EMT 53). Persons with a history of a positive PPD must provide documentation of a recent chest x-ray and a review of symptoms within the past 12 months. If a chest x-ray is abnormal, clinician clearance must also be provided.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Documentation of both varicella vaccine shots, given 4 to 8 weeks apart, or a positive varicella titer.
- Hepatitis B vaccine series: documentation showing that the Hepatitis B series of immunizations (total of three doses or documentation showing a positive Hep B titer).
- Seasonal Flu vaccine
For more information on these shots/titers, please contact our Student Health Services office.