Late-start classes begin later in the quarter. You can register for a class up to the day before the class begins.
Check out these great classes still available for winter registration.
CHLD 82: Planning Creative Dramatics
- Meets Friday–Saturday, March 1–2, at Sunnvyale Center.
- Instructor Sheila Smith
Study creative dramatics for the child; dramatic play, puppetry, role playing, acting out stories; how to implement creative dramatics. In this 1-unit CSU transferrable class, learn the role of the parent and teacher in facilitating children's explorations .
KINS 48: Fitness Assessment Technique for the Personal Trainer
- Hybrid course, Feb. 18–March 29. Meets Saturdays, 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Instructor Donald Mac Neil
- Learn the mechanics of fitness training, including strength, endurance and flexibility. Develop the necessary knowledge base to select appropriate fitness assessments. Discussions include training techniques, optimal workout environments, safety, contraindications, equipment and existing certification programs to prepare you to work in the fitness industry. Evaluate existing standardized assessment batteries for cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility and body composition, blood pressure and cholesterol.
- See schedule listing for CRN 32408
Learning in New Media Classrooms
We offer training for educators, students and community member on how to use leading-edge technology for professional development or personal use. Check out our quick list of 1-3 unit courses.
For full details, see our LINC late-start course listing.
- LINC 57 :: DESIGNING LEARNER-CENTERED INSTRUCTION, 2/11-3/22
- LINC 59 :: INTEGRATING 21ST CENTURY SKILLS INTO INSTRUCTION, 1/28-3/22
- LINC 63 :: CLOUD-BASED DATA ANALYSIS TOOLS, 2/22-3/22
- LINC 67 :: DESIGNING WEB-BASED LEARNING PROJECTS, 2/23-3/23 or 2/9-3/29
- LINC 70 :: WEB PAGE DESIGN OVERVIEW, 3/1-3/29
- INC 77B :: DESIGN THINKING & TINKERING, 3/9-3/29
- LINC 78B :: BLOCK BASED CODING CONCEPTS, 2/2/-2/28 or 1/26-3/2
- LINC 80 :: MULTIMEDIA OVERVIEW, 2/4-3/15
- LINC 87 :: SEMINAR IN TEACHING WITH EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY, 3/1-3/29
- LINC 90B :: OPEN EDUCATION RESOURCES, 2/23-3/9
- LINC 91B :: EVALUATING TECHNOLOGY-BASED LEARNING OUTCOMES, 2/8-3/2
- LINC 91C :: EVALUATING INSTRUCTIONAL PROGRAMS, 3/1-3/29
- LINC 95C :: ASSESSMENT STRATEGIES FOR TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION, 2/4-3/3
THTR 2A: History of Dramatic Literature: Classical to Moliere
- Fully online course, Feb. 18–March 29.
- Instructor Thomas Gough
Study the history of theatre from its Origins in the East and West through the 17th Century. Read and analyze representative masterpieces of dramatic literature from Aeschylus to Moliere in relationship to cultural, political and social conditions of the time in this 4-unit UC and CSU transferrable class.
THTR 8: Multicultural Theatre Arts in Modern America
- Fully online course, Jan. 28–March 29.
- Instructor Bruce McLeod
Compare post-modern American theatre movements from the 1950s to the present day, with a focus on the perfromance artists and major influences of African Americans, Asian Americans, Native Americans, European Americans, and Chicao/Latino Americans. Examine the cultural movements that inspired them in this 4-unit UC and CSU transferrable class.