- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Current BLS (CPR) certification.
- Possess a current EMT-I certificate or EMT-1 with transport module or equivalent.
- Anatomy & Physiology (minimum one quarter or one semester. Note that we do not accept online-only A&P courses) The Anatomy & Physiology class may be successfully completed after the application deadline, but must be started prior to the deadline.
- A minimum of three months full-time or equivalent part time experience (480 hours minimum) with an EMS provider agency.
- MATH 220 or equivalent college level course (beginning Algebra) or placement into MATH 105 on the Foothill College placement test. (Contact testing office (408) 745-8025)
- Eligible for ESL 25 or ENGL 110. (Contact testing office (408) 745-8025)
If you plan to take or have taken prerequisite courses outside of Foothill College, including additional Human Anatomy and Physiology classes to meet the minimum GPA requirement, please see the Foothill Course Equivalency Guide.
If the course is not listed, please check with a Foothill counselor.