- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Current BLS (CPR) certification.
- Possess a current EMT-I certificate or EMT-1 with transport module or equivalent.
- Anatomy & Physiology (minimum one quarter or one semester. Note that we do not accept online-only A&P courses) The Anatomy & Physiology class may be successfully completed after the application deadline, but must be started prior to the deadline.
- A minimum of three months full-time or equivalent part time experience (480 hours minimum) with an EMS provider agency.
- MATH 220 or equivalent college level course (beginning Algebra) or placement into MATH 105 on the Foothill College placement test. (Contact testing office (408) 745-8025)
- Eligible for ESL 25 or ENGL 110. (Contact testing office (408) 745-8025)