Transferring from a U.S. School to Foothill College
If you are an F-1 international student and currently attending a language school, high school, college or a university in the United States, you must follow the steps below to transfer your I-20 to Foothill College.
Note: these steps apply to students who are currently attending, graduating, or completing OPT as an F-1 student at a U.S. school.
- Complete the International Student Application and submit all required documents.
- After you are admitted, you will receive an Acceptance Letter.
- Request your current school to transfer you to Foothill College (Foothill cannot request the transfer). Submit a copy of your acceptance letter when you make your transfer request.
- Your current school will transfer your I-20 electronically to Foothill, and set a
"release date". Foothill cannot issue you an I-20 until after your release date.
- On OPT? The release date is the last day you can work.
- Complete the I-20 Request Form for Transfer Students (required to issue you a new I-20). Students traveling outside the USA must submit a $75 shipping fee to send their I-20 overseas.
- Traveling after orientation? Contact us at email@example.com to discuss your situation.