Transferring to Foothill College from a U.S. School
You are considered an F-1 transfer student if either of these situations apply to you:
- You hold an I-20 from a language school, high school, college, or university in the United States, and you are completing (or have recently completed) your studies at that school in active F-1 status.
- You are completing OPT and you wish to transfer to Foothill to begin a new study program
after your OPT ends.
For concurrent enrollment (taking classes as a guest student at Foothill while maintaining your I-20 at another school) see here.
Follow these steps to successfully transfer your I-20 to Foothill College:
- Complete the International Student Application. After you are admitted, you will be able to access your admission letter through
the admission portal.
- Submit a copy of your admission letter to your current school to request the transfer
to Foothill College. Note: Foothill College does not require any transfer form to be completed by your current school.
- Foothill's SEVIS School Code is SFR214F00020000.
- Complete the I-20 Request Form on your admission checklist by logging into the admission portal.
- If you are eligible for transfer, your current school will set a release date to transfer
your I-20 electronically to Foothill. This date will be after your last day of classes
at your current school and before the end of your 60-day program completion grace
- Foothill cannot issue you an I-20 until after your record is released by your current school.
- If you are on OPT, you may not continue working after the release date of your I-20.
- Once your SEVIS record is released by your current school and received by Foothill College, your new I-20 will be emailed to you.