Veterinary Technology prerequisite coursework must be completed prior to submitting
application, failure to complete all prerequisite coursework prior to submitting application
constitutes an invalid application.
- Cumulative college grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- All science prerequisite coursework must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 (BIOL 10, BIOL 41, CHEM 30A).
- High school graduation or a valid GED.
- VT 51 (Introduction to Veterinary Technology) with a grade of “C” or higher; must be completed at the time of application (no later than winter quarter prior to application.)
- MATH 80 (Quantitative Reasoning) or MATH 105 (Intermediate Algebra) or equivalent college-level course with a “C” or higher. If MATH proficiency is determined via placement test, test results must be included with your application.
- ENGL 1A, or 1H, or 1S & 1T or equivalent
- BIOL 10 (General Biology) or equivalent
- BIOL 41 (Microbiology) or equivalent
- CHEM 30A (Survey of Inorganic & Organic Chemistry) or CHEM 25 or equivalent
In addition to the above requirements, a valid Adult CPR certificate is required at time of graduation.
If you plan to take, or have taken, prerequisite courses outside of Foothill College, please refer to the Foothill College Transfer Equivalency Guide (see Allied Health Programs instructions).
If the course is not listed, please check with a Foothill counselor.