ASFC Smart Shop & Design Center
Free Speech & Outside Vendor "Time, Place and Manner"
Due to the Santa Clara County Shelter in Place order, the Foothill campus is closed to visitors until further notice.
To provide an atmosphere in which freedom of speech is upheld, and in which groups and organizations can function without disrupting the college’s curricular programs, the following regulations have been adopted in accordance with Foothill-De Anza District Board Policy 5550, Title 5 sections 42350.5 through 42351, and California Education Code sections 76120-76121 and 82537.
These Education Codes, Title 5, and Board Policies oblige the College to specify “reasonable provisions for the time, place, and manner” of conducting activities that exercise freedom of expression and public vending.
Vendors and Other Solicitors
In accordance with Title 5, section 42352
(a) no person or persons shall upon any of the grounds of any campus … distribute any advertising handbills or circulars which contain false, misleading, or illegal advertising and
(b) the distribution of written or printed matter shall be permitted on campus, subject … to reasonable directives by the campus president as to the time, place and manner thereof.
All for-profit vendors and non-profit solicitors must:
- Check in at the ASFC Smart Shop, room 2016 in the Campus Center
- Receive a visitor’s badge
- Pay a fee to sell or market
Vendor Fee Payment Method
- We do not accept credit or debit cards
- Please pay by cash or checks only
- Make checks out to “Foothill College, Student Activities.”
Day of Set Up
- Vending space is outdoors only in the Library Quad area.
- No credit card marketing is permitted.
- Vendors are allowed to bring 6-foot or smaller tables and one 10x10-foot tent.
- Published materials to be sold must not be available at the campus bookstore.
- Obscene material, and distribution of term papers, theses or other material to be submitted for academic credit is prohibited.
Solicitor Sign In
All vendors and non-profit solicitors must complete this form.
- Download the Solicitor Sign In Form
|All military recruiters must wear official uniforms and provide an identification badge.|
Free Speech Visitors
Persons wishing to speak, petition, or hand out non-profit material:
- No furniture or equipment is permitted
- Tables are not allowed, but you may bring hand-held signs (no banners)
When arriving on campus, please check in with the ASFC Smart Shop, room 2016 in the Campus Center.
For further details, please visit the ASFC Smart Shop, call 650.949.7341, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
College Representative Visits
Representatives from other colleges must reserve available venues through the Transfer Center.