Search Class Schedule
course sections found.
Open Seats as of May. 29, 11:30 AM
English for Second-Language Learners
- Description: Continuation of ESLL 226. An advanced English grammar course focusing on clause and phrase structures.
- Prerequisite: Appropriate placement through Foothill College's placement model (i.e., guided self-placement) or successful completion of two Level 3 courses, credit and/or noncredit: ESLL 226 or NCEL 426 AND ESLL 227 or NCEL 427.
- Advisory: Concurrent enrollment in ESLL 237 recommended; intended for students whose native language is not English; not open to students with credit in ESL 166.
- Repeatability: Not Repeatable.
- Hours: 5 hours lecture per week. (60 hours total per quarter.)
- Transferability: None
Department Note:These courses are designed for students whose native or first language is not English. Students who have never studied English or who do not already speak English with basic conversational ability should enroll in English as a Second Language (ESLL) courses offered by the adult education departments of local high school districts. If you plan to enroll for the first time in an ESLL course, you are required to take an ESLL placement test unless you enroll in the lowest course. Refer to the front of the schedule for testing information or call (650) 949-7230. For information about ESLL courses, call (650) 949-7250.
VirtualVirtual: entirely synchronous live in-person online during scheduled days and times
Course Dates: 04/10/2023 - 06/30/2023
Day & Time
Day & Time
Footnote: This synchronous virtual online class has regularly scheduled class meetings live with the instructor (e.g., Zoom) on specific days and times, as noted in the class schedule.
We're Here to Help!
Admissions and Records Office
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101