About Our Owls Nest Food Pantry
SELECCIONE AQUÍ PARA TRADUCIR ESTA PÁGINA AL ESPAÑOL
Our team is excited to announce that our new Owls Nest Community Resource Center will
open soon, which means that we will be moving away from gift cards and will have an
in-person food pantry. Please know that gift cards will ONLY be distributed until
we begin with the in-person food distributions. All changes will be updated on the
website as they come.
Food Pantry e-Gift Cards
- Instead of picking up groceries on campus, students registered for services will receive an electronic gift card (e-Gift Card)
for $50 to be used for the purchase of groceries— on an ongoing basis, funding permitting.
Details to follow upon registration.
- Your e-Gift Card(s) may be used in-person at Walmart & Sam's Club and online at walmart.com.
FOOD PANTRY REGISTRATION
Students need to register once per quarter to receive e-Gift Cards for the quarter in which they would like to receive
1. Fall Application: Click to Complete Application
2. Once students register, enrollment and email will be verified. Please make sure
email matches what is on MyPortal.
3. After enrollment and email is verified students will be added to the next distribution
date (see dates below).
4. After students receive their e-Gift card they will need to submit their receipt,
after the receipt has been verified (food only), students will be added to the next
Instrucciones de Registro
1. Aplicacion disponible: Presione para completar solicitud
2. Una vez que los estudiantes se registren, se verificarán la inscripción y el correo
electrónico. Asegúrese de que el correo electrónico coincida con el de MyPortal.
3. Después de que se verifique la inscripción y el correo electrónico, los estudiantes
se agregarán a la próxima fecha de distribución (consulte las fechas a continuación).
4. Después de que los estudiantes reciban su tarjeta de regalo electrónica, deberán
enviar su recibo, después de que se haya verificado el recibo (solo alimentos), los
estudiantes se agregarán a la próxima fecha de distribución.
Returning Food Pantry Students
- Please ensure you have sent all your eGift Card shopping receipts to us with your
8-digit Foothill Student CWID to email email@example.com
- Register for the current quarter you want to receive food pantry benefits.
Distribution Dates: Fall 2023
Note: Distribution dates subject to change or cancelled due to funding.
- October 12
- October 26
- November 9
- November 22
- December 7
Cards are sent by the end of the day of the distribution date. This allows students
to register or turn in receipts.
Note: The Foothill Pantry is not able to give retroactive cards.
- Please submit your receipt/s as soon as possible to be added to the next distribution.
- Failure to submitting receipts will result in not receiving an e-card until a receipt
is received by food pantry staff, and once we receive the receipts, we will add you
to the next distribution date.
Purchasing non-food items with the e-Card is not permitted.
- The purchase on non-food items, alcohol or tobacco, will result in loss of continued
access to Food Pantry services.
Thank you to our Donors
A special thanks to the Assistance League® of Los Altos for their contribution and ongoing support to the Foothill Food Pantry. Thanks to
donors like the Assistance League® of Los Altos, hundreds of students facing food insecurity are able to put food on
their tables. To make a donation to the Food Pantry and support students in need,
you may click HERE.
Local Community Resources
For hunger assistance within your local communities and information about CafFresh
for Students, a state program that awards you up to $193 a month for groceries, see our list
of community hunger support resources.
When you are experiencing hunger, you are not alone.
At Foothill College we strongly believe that no student should face hunger while pursuing
their educational and career goals. However, an increasing number of students are
facing food insecurity and we are committed to help.
CalFresh for Students
CalFresh: Need Money for Food?
Find out if you're eligible for CalFresh!
- Monthly cash assistance for purchasing food
- Provided via EBT debit card (looks like any other debit card)
- Use it to buy groceries and fresh produce at participating stores, restaurants and
To find out if you qualify, get help with your application, or extend your eligibility, you can ask questions
or get help via Zoom with a Foothill staff member.
Please reach out to Sonia Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org