The Foothill College Sports Medicine Program on-campus Internship program provides students with an opportunity to gain knowledge and experience working in a hands-on environment helping provide medical services for Foothill College Athletics.
Students working in the Athletic Treatment Center will experience a variety of skills, including
- taping and bracing
- injury evaluation
- use of therapeutic modalities
- supervision of therapeutic rehabilitation programs
- on-the-field emergency injury care.
Students will work closely with our staff of Certified Athletic Trainers, physicians, physical therapists and other sports medicine professionals.
Students may also earn opportunities to complete externships with other organizations, such as
- San Francisco Giants
- Stanford University
- Silicon Valley Youth Classic
- Charlie Wedemeyer High School All-Star Football Game
- National Honor Society of Sports Medicine Northern California High School Sports Medicine Seminar.
Internship Core Courses
Students may start the program at any time, enrolling in these courses:
- KIN 62A Clinical Experiences in Sports Medicine I (3 units)
- KIN 62B Clinical Experiences in Sports Medicine II (3 units)
- KIN 62C Clinical Experiences in Sports Medicine III (3 units)
- KIN 62 D Clinical Experiences in Sports Medicine IV (3 units)
- KIN 62 E Clinical Experiences in Sports Medicine V (3 units)
Interested students should contact Program Director Warren Voyce – email@example.com
Our program mission is to provide the highest level of care possible for our Junior College student-athletes. Through the support of the college, athletics, our coaches and our athletes, we are able to achieve that mission.