Announcement: Due to the continued issues around COVID-19 that has resulted in limited campus presence for faculty/staff/students and the need for primarily online modality of instruction, we have made a determination to defer the start of the full-time program to Fall 2021.
The program will be offering 1-2 online classes for this academic year (September 2020-June 2021). There are openings for Winter 2021 (Jan to March). DA 56 Dental Health Education (1 unit) is about how to keep the teeth and gums healthy using a variety of oral hygiene aids. DA 57 Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office (2 units) is about how to recognize and manage common medical emergencies in the dental office. Please contact the program director, Cara Miyasaki at email@example.com, to register for one or both of these classes.
Apply for the Program
Important changes have been made for the current application year. PLEASE READ the program application information and instructions carefully.
Program Admission Criteria
Admission is limited to 24 full-time students and based on criteria approved by Foothill College and consistent with State and Federal law, regulations and program accreditation guidelines.
- Applications are reviewed on a first come, first serve basis, and are available year-round.
- The earlier an application is submitted, the earlier a student can be screened for Fall admission into the program.
- Complete applications on file before August 1, for the incoming fall class, will have priority. Students can continue to apply after August 1, and will be notified if there are openings in the program.
- Transcripts or other documents are not required for admission in the program. If the student has graduated from a foreign high school the transcripts do not need to be evaluated or submitted upon application. If a student cannot get their High School diploma or transcripts, the applicant writes a short 1-2 explanation on the application and that is acceptable for admission.
- Dental assistants, dental hygienists or dentists from foreign countries who apply to the dental assisting program are not eligible for advanced standing in the program. If the applicant is not a California resident, the tuition will be much higher compared to California resident tuition (at least $18, 000 not including other expenses).