Announcement: Due to the continued issues around COVID-19 that has resulted in limited campus presence for faculty/staff/students and the need for primarily online modality of instruction, we have made a determination to defer the start of the class to Fall 2021.
Apply for the Program
Important changes have been made for the current application year. PLEASE READ the program application information and instructions carefully. You can apply by either downloading the application and mailing it or by applying in your Foothill College student portal (requires a student ID number).
Program Admission Criteria
Admission is limited to 24 full-time students and based on criteria approved by Foothill College and consistent with State and Federal law, regulations and program accreditation guidelines.
- Applications are reviewed on a first come, first serve basis, and are available year-round.
- The earlier an application is submitted, the earlier a student can be screened for Fall admission into the program.
- Complete applications on file before August 1, for the incoming fall class, will have priority. Students can continue to apply after August 1, and will be notified if there are openings in the program.
- Transcripts or other documents are not required for admission in the program. If the student has graduated from a foreign high school the transcripts do not need to be evaluated or submitted upon application. If a student cannot get their High School diploma or transcripts, the applicant writes a short 1-2 explanation on the application and that is acceptable for admission.
- Dental assistants, dental hygienists or dentists from foreign countries who apply to the dental assisting program are not eligible for advanced standing in the program. If the applicant is not a California resident, the tuition will be much higher compared to California resident tuition (at least $18, 000 not including other expenses).