Campus Abroad Program
Study Abroad in Costa Rica
April 7–June 30, 2018
Take Art, Graphic Design, and English Composition and Literature Courses
- Earn Foothill GE and fully-transferable UC/CSU credits
- Cost: $5,895 — includes housing, guided tours, and a travel pass.
- Airfare and regular tuition fees for Foothill classes are NOT included in the program cost. See details of what is and is not included.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available.
Attend an Information Session
Immerse Yourself in Experiential Learning
For 12 weeks, students will live and study in San José, Costa Rica's capital and largest city, located in the Central Valley region with the Talamanca Mountains to the south and volcanoes to the north.
The city is distinguished by its Spanish colonial buildings, like the ornate, neoclassical National Theatre of Costa Rica overlooking downtown’s Plaza de la Cultura, a popular gathering spot. Below the plaza, the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum displays hundreds of gleaming artifacts.
- Cultural calendar of activities that may include a cooking class, a Latin dance class, a theater performance, museum visits,and other sightseeing in San José and the surrounding area
- Full-day excursion to Braulio Carrillo National Park and Sarapiqui River including round-trip transportation by private bus, National Park fees, canopy tour, river rafting, and lunch
- Full-day excursion to Doka Coffee Plantation, Poas Volcano, La Paz Waterfall Gardens, including round-trip transportation by private bus, entrance fees, breakfast and lunch
- 3-day, 2-night excursion to Tortuguero National Park including round-trip transportation by private bus, accommodation in a tourist class hotel in twin or triple rooms, daily breakfast and some lunches and dinners, activities such as a jungle walk, jungle cruise and visit to Tortuguero National Park and the Turtle Conservation Museum
- A volunteering/service learning project throughout the program for the group
Join English professor Kimberly Escamilla and Art and Graphic Design professor Jordan Fong for an incredible learning experience!
You'll select Foothill classes to take with them at the American Institute for Foreign Study Center in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Art and Graphic Design — ART 1: Introduction to Art; ART 6: Collage & Composition; GID 37:Cartooning; and GID 71: Storyboarding.
- English — ENGL 1A, ENGL 1B, and ENGL 1C; ENGL 14: Traveling the World through Contemporary Literature; ENGL 31: Latino/a Literature; and ENGL 34C Literature into Film.
Email Us with Questions
- English — Kimberly Escamilla at email@example.com
- Art and Graphic Design — Jordan Fong at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Sign Up
- Complete AISF enrollment form
- $450 deposit due by Jan. 12