Search Class Schedule
course sections found.
Open Seats as of May. 29, 12:30 PM
CRITICAL THINKING & WRITING
- Description: Develops understanding of informal logic and practical reasoning skills necessary for academic success, including tools needed to analyze information from a variety of sources such as academic essays, philosophic literature, news media and advertising. Focus on skills of argumentation including, but not limited to, elements of an argument, deductive and inductive forms of argumentation, the evaluation of arguments and the recognition of a variety of fallacies. Skills developed through a series of written assignments of increasing scope and difficulty culminating in a sophisticated argumentative essay.
- Prerequisite: One of the following: ENGL 1A, 1AH, 1S & 1T, or ESLL 26.
- Repeatability: Not Repeatable.
- Hours: 5 hours lecture per week. (60 hours total per quarter.)
- Foothill GE Area:Communication & Analytical Thinking
- Transferability: CSU and UC
- Transfer GE: Information regarding how this course is applied toward CSU GE/Breadth or IGETC certification is available at:
- Foothill Transfer GE Guide
Department Note:For information on how to clear a prerequisite please go to: http://www.foothill.edu/counseling/prereqs.php
HybridHybrid: A combination of on-campus scheduled days and times (with a room number that will be held on campus) and asynchronous with online work
Course Dates: 01/09/2023 - 03/31/2023
Day & Time
Day & Time
Async Asynchronous: flexible time and place such as Online in Canvas with recorded lectures
Footnote: This hybrid class has regularly scheduled on-campus class meetings and required asynchronous online activities with weekly requirements and due dates outlined by the course instructor.
After registering, find out how to log in to the course site. https://foothill.edu/onlinelearning/students/canvas-login-instructions-students.html
We're Here to Help!
Admissions and Records Office
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101