Welcome to Foothill College Community Education
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: (updated 9/14/21) As we are approaching Fall quarter and trying to navigate all the rules/decisions on how to handle the Covid situation, below is the most recent information
Dear Community Ed Members,
- Our goal is to hopefully open the pool on Monday, October 4th. We delayed a couple of weeks after our regular September 20 opening to allow the for-credit students to settle in and adjust to our COVID policies. One problem we are facing is the hiring of lifeguards. As with other sectors of our economy, finding licensed lifeguards has proven very challenging. We have been making every effort to hire lifeguards for nearly six weeks, and we will open registration as soon as we are able to identify lifeguards to support the classes.
- There will be no gym available for Fall. We do hope to open for Winter quarter.
- Proof of vaccination will be required (with exceptions) as per the District's Board Policy BP 3507. More information on this can be found at (https://go.boarddocs.com/ca/fhda/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=C3CSDC721D65). Foothill will be implementing a pre-check health portal where all students, including Community Ed members, will be required to answer a series of questions relating to COVID to assess their health before coming onto campus. I will provide more details soon.
- Masks will be required at all times around the pool area, in the locker room, and when entering/leaving the locker rooms.
- We plan to have a Town Hall zoom meeting in the near future to address any concerns you may have. We will provide additional information and a zoom link once this is set up.
We do have an abbreviated, online-only schedule of classes:
- Morning Bootcamp
- KFJC Radio classes
Please CLICK HERE to register!
Our morning Zoomcamp is designed for any level where you work at your own pace to maximize your strength and endurance. You will develop core strength, cardiovascular conditioning and muscle strength.
Learn radio station operations, terminology, procedures, FCC regulations and studio techniques needed to be a productive participant in Foothill College's FM and online radio station, KFJC.
Quarterly/Monthly Pool Memberships
Join our pool program! We offer open swim, lessons, and aqua-fitness classes. Quarterly, or calendar-month memberships are available. (Currently not in operation due to COVID-19)
Quarterly/Monthly Fitness Center Memberships
We offer both monthly and quarterly Fitness center memberships, with free weights and cardio machines. (Currently not in operation due to COVID-19)