Degrees, Certificates, & Transfer Programs
Emerging Educational Technology Leadership 2020-2021
The Certificate of Achievement in Emerging Educational Technology Leadership is designed for students working in or planning for a leadership-focused career in K-12 education, extracurricular programs, or edtech development in for-profit and nonprofit organizations. Prerequisite skills in instructional design and use of common educational technologies are highly encouraged, but not required. Notably, this program is intended to assist educators and trainers in becoming leaders in their fields while remaining in their instructional spaces. The program seeks to provide an alternate pathway to teacher leadership besides administration. Students will complete 18 units of coursework in Instructional Design and Technology, with coursework specifically focusing on emerging technology trends, integration of edtech into curricular activities, evaluation of instructional programs, and data analysis tools. Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to develop and support new education technology initiatives in schools, districts, counties, and communities, as well as lead other educators in the implementation of these initiatives.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will be able to identify effective education technology for schools and districts based on research in emerging trends and applications.
- Students will be able to develop and share instructional materials that incorporate emerging education technologies.
- Students will be able to apply education technology trends, tools, and strategies to research-based pedagogies, such as project-based learning.
- Students will be able to create interactive multimedia projects that integrate emerging technologies.
- Students will be able to use online collaboration tools to enhance instruction and communication, and promote equitable learning environments.
- Students will be able to integrate emerging technologies into a standards-based curriculum.
- Students will be able to curate and create instructional materials, tools, strategies, and resources to engage all learners and ensure achievement goals.
- Students will be able to use culturally responsive practices when integrating education technology into their lessons.
- Students will be able to create training materials and deliver professional training to peers while demonstrating best practices using education technology.
- Students will be able to plan, facilitate, and assess a project involving emerging educational technology trends in a school, district, and/or educational organization.
- Students will be able to identify the positive and negative use cases of individual educational technology, and critically analyze current education technology trends.
- Students will be able to facilitate large group professional development around the best practices of educational technology.
- Certificate(s): 18
Certificate of Achievement in Emerging Educational Technology Leadership
Prerequisite Skills: Basic skills using standard computer systems and internet-based technologies. Prerequisite skills in instructional design and use of common educational technologies are highly encouraged, but not required.
LINC 50 Technology in the K-12 Classroom I (1 unit)
LINC 82B Developing Instructional Materials (3 units)
LINC 82C Creating Interactive Media for Instruction (3 units)
LINC 83F Introduction to Digital Video Editing (1 unit)
LINC 87 Seminar in Teaching with Educational Technology (5 units)
And select 5 units from the following:
LINC 50A Technology in the K-12 Classroom II (0.5 units)
LINC 50F Integrating Technology into a Standards-Based Curriculum I (2 units)
LINC 57 Designing Learner-Centered Instruction (1 unit)
LINC 58 Global Project-Based Learning (2 units)
LINC 62 Cloud-Based Word Processing Tools (1 unit)
LINC 66E Cloud-Based Publishing Tools (1 unit)
LINC 75B Instructional Technology Strategies (3 units)
LINC 79 Multimedia Project Production (2 units)
LINC 80 Multimedia Overview (1 unit)
LINC 80A Multimedia in the Classroom I (1 unit)
LINC 80B Multimedia in the Classroom II (0.5 units)
LINC 81 Using Digital Images (1 unit)
LINC 82A Introduction to Designing Instructional Technology Projects (3 units)
LINC 90C Online Collaboration Tools (2 units)
LINC 95C Assessment Strategies for Technology Integration (1 unit)
2020-2021 | Status: Approved | Modified: 2021-05-14 10:11:06 | Dept Code: LINC