Degrees, Certificates, & Transfer Programs
For current 2021-2022 degree and certificate requirements, see the new Foothill College Academic Catalog.
Education Technology Specialist 2020-2021
The Certificate of Achievement in Education Technology Specialist is designed for students working in or planning for a career in K-12 education, extracurricular programs, or technology training in for-profit and nonprofit organizations, with a special focus on new and pre-service K-12 educators. The program provides 12 units of Instructional Design and Technology coursework to support the integration of technology throughout a specified educational program in a culturally responsive manner. Students will learn to apply educational best practices to developing instructional materials, creating multimedia resources, and facilitating projects and activities with current technology tools and applications. Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to use technology to increase student achievement at all levels, as well as support technology initiatives within their organizations.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will be able to identify effective education technology for schools and districts.
- Students will be able to develop instructional materials that incorporate education technology.
- Students will be able to apply education technology to project-based learning.
- Students will be able to create multimedia projects that integrate cloud-based publishing tools.
- Students will be able to use online collaboration tools to enhance instruction and communication.
- Students will be able to integrate technology into a standards-based curriculum.
- Students will be able to facilitate interactions and collaboration to build a community that fosters active learning.
- Students will be able to curate and create instructional materials, tools, strategies, and resources to engage all learners and ensure achievement goals.
- Students will be able to use culturally responsive practices when integrating education technology into their lessons.
- Certificate(s): 12
Certificate of Achievement in Education Technology Specialist
Prerequisite Skills: Basic skills using standard computer systems and internet-based technologies. Prerequisite skills in instructional design and use of common educational technologies are highly encouraged, but not required.
LINC 50 Technology in the K-12 Classroom I (1 unit)
LINC 82B Developing Instructional Materials (3 units)
LINC 82C Creating Interactive Media for Instruction (3 units)
And select 5 units from the following:
LINC 50A Technology in the K-12 Classroom II (0.5 units)
LINC 50F Integrating Technology into a Standards-Based Curriculum I (2 units)
LINC 57 Designing Learner-Centered Instruction (1 unit)
LINC 58 Global Project-Based Learning (2 units)
LINC 62 Cloud-Based Word Processing Tools (1 unit)
LINC 66E Cloud-Based Publishing Tools (1 unit)
LINC 75B Instructional Technology Strategies (3 units)
LINC 79 Multimedia Project Production (2 units)
LINC 80A Multimedia in the Classroom I (1 unit)
LINC 80B Multimedia in the Classroom II (0.5 units)
LINC 81 Using Digital Images (1 unit)
LINC 90C Online Collaboration Tools (2 units)
2020-2021 | Status: Approved | Modified: 2021-05-14 10:10:05 | Dept Code: LINC