12345 EL MONTE ROAD, LOS ALTOS HILLS, CA 94022-4599 - foothill.edu
Computer science courses provide a combination of theoretical study and practical application. Core areas include hardware, software, algorithms, operating systems, languages and data structures. Specialized topics include mobile apps, graphics programming, open source, networking and quantum computation.
The Associate in Science in Computer Science for Transfer degree will prepare students for transfer to California State Universities (CSUs). Students who complete the Associate in Science in Computer Science for Transfer degree will be ensured preferential transfer status to CSUs as Computer Science majors and/or majors in related disciplines. The Associate in Science in Computer Science for Transfer degree requirements will fulfill the lower division major requirements at many CSUs. Students are advised, however, to meet with a counselor to assess the course requirements for specific local CSUs.
• Use of standard software engineering tools to create reusable code.
• Design of large programs that take advantage of existing code libraries.
• Organization of complex programs in a logical way, enabling the extension of the program.
• Comprehension of user requirements, and production of code and documentation in an industry-accepted style that satisfies those requirements.
• Development of software that solves problems in a variety of fields, including math, physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy, business, and the Internet.
Associate in Science in Computer Science for Transfer requires completion of a minimum of 90 units to include:
• CSU General Education Breadth Requirements or the *Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) (49-58 units) (full certification is required)
• Core courses (45.5 units, of which 11 units may satisfy the GE requirement)
• Transferable electives necessary to meet the 90-unit minimum requirement
NOTE: All courses pertaining to the major must be completed with a grade of "C" (or "P") or better. In addition, the student must obtain a minimum GPA of 2.0.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Although it is possible to fulfill the requirements for the Associate Degree for Transfer by completing the IGETC for UC pattern, admission to CSU requires completion of an Oral Communication course (IGETC Area 1C; CSU GE Area A-1); therefore, students who plan to transfer to CSU should complete this course as part of their GE or elective units.
C S 1A Object-Oriented Programming Methodologies in Java (4.5 units)
or C S 1AH Honors Object-Oriented Programming Methodologies in Java (4.5 units)
C S 1M* Intermediate Algorithm & Data Structure Methodologies in Java (4.5 units)
C S 10 Computer Architecture & Organization (4.5 units)
C S 18 Discrete Mathematics (5 units)
or MATH 22 Discrete Mathematics (5 units)
MATH 1A Calculus (5 units)
or MATH 1AH Honors Calculus I (5 units)
MATH 1B Calculus (5 units)
or MATH 1BH Honors Calculus II (5 units)
MATH 1C Calculus (5 units)
PHYS 4A General Physics (Calculus) (6 units)
PHYS 4B General Physics (Calculus) (6 units)
* C S 1B & 1C or C S 2B & 2C may be substituted for C S 1M.
FOOTHILL COLLEGE - 12345 EL MONTE ROAD, LOS ALTOS HILLS, CA 94022-4599 - foothill.edu
2018-2019 | Status: Approved | Modified: 2018-04-20 12:52:20 | Dept Code: C S