This is a unique initiative that matches students majoring in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) fields with internships at local universities and private companies.
This is the seventh year (2019) the internship program has helped students gain real world experience in laboratories to conduct cutting-edge research in various fields of science, as well as make connections with scientists and industry officials
STEM Summer Internship
You'll receive up to eight weeks of professional mentoring and hands-on experience at a Bay Area science research institution or technology company.
This multi-disciplinary program will be recruiting from the STEM sciences, with special focus on the following majors:
- Biological sciences
- Computer sciences
- Paid hands-on experience in biology, chemistry, computer science, or engineering,
- Personal mentoring in lab skills, presentation skills, resume and professional network building.
Must have completed 12 units of STEM courses at Foothill by the end of Winter quarter of the current academic year (Any science, technology, engineering or math course).
Must be a STEM major
Must demonstrate how this internship opportunity will help you reach your goals in a supplemental question.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Varies but the latest is April 8, 2019
- Log into MyPortal> Students tab > Click on “AcademicWorks” link
Opportunities tab > Select "Ours" > Click on "Foothill STEM Internship Scholarship"
- WHEN: July 1 - August 23, 2019
- WHERE: Foothill College or a partner institution: San Jose State University, UC San Francisco, and also at Start-ups or local Bay Area companies.
- SCHOLARSHIP: $2000
- COLLEGE CREDIT: Must enroll in the Internship Course.
Stanford: Nano Lab
Due: March 15
Start: April 8, 2019
Learn how things are made and seen at the
micro- and nanoscale! The nanofacilities
are used for cutting edge research, in
areas including electronics, MEMS, optics,
physics, biology/biotechnology, medicine,
Visit http://nanolabs.stanford.edu for more
information. For inquiries, call (650) 272-8806 or email email@example.com