Transferring from a High School in the United States
If you are graduating from a high school in the United States, you can apply for admission to Foothill College. Depending on your current status and visa, you may need to follow specific procedures.
Please review our general application procedure and contact our Admissions Coordinator at for more instructions.
Note that the minimum education requirement for admission to Foothill is completion of 12 years of schooling or an equivalent. Community colleges in California do not offer a high school completion program.
Statement about 120-day suspension of refugee programs and a 90-day ban on travel to the U.S. (PDF)
140 FHDA international students accepted to UCLA, 94 to UC Berkeley, 344 to UC San Diego, 385 to UC Davis for Fall 2015; 72 to USC for Fall 2014! Our students were also accepted to MIT, Stanford, Columbia, Yale, Purdue, NYU, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and more!

International student featured in International Educator magazine article on 2+2 transfer success

Received Export Achievement Award from the U.S. Dept. of Commerce in 2012

Find out more about our Transfer Agreements(pdf).

Foothill is now an
iTEP Test Center.
Instead of TOEFL/IELTS,
Take iTEP for admission.