International Students Admissions
Summer Intensive English
The Foothill College Summer Intensive English Program is a great opportunity for international students with lower English proficiency scores to start their studies at Foothill in the summer and transition directly into the fall quarter.
Check back to download the Summer Intensive English 2018 brochure.
Guaranteed Admission for Fall Quarter with lower English proficiency scores
You will not be required to retake the English profiency test!
Intensive English Program includes:
- Guaranteed admission for the Fall quarter upon completion of the program
- 125 hours of intensive English training
- 10 units of Foothill College credit
- Small classes with personal attention
- Field trip to Bay Area sights and attractions.
|Program Details:||July 2 - Aug. 23, 2018|
|Class Schedule:||(no classes on Friday)|
|Program Costs:||$2,500 U.S. Dollars|
|Deposit:||$500 U.S. Dollars|
Program cost includes:
- Tuition and enrollment fees
- Mandatory health insurance
- Field trip
- Note: Housing, books, transportation, and personal expenses are not included.
Application Requirements and Deadline Dates:
- Submit International Student Application , original financial letter, original transcripts, Summer Intensive Reply Form, a $75 application fee and a $75 shipping fee.
- Submit your official English proficiency score: TOEFL: 475–499 PBT/52-60 iBT; IELTS: 5.0 – 5.9; iTEP 3.5; Eiken Step 2A; Duolingo 49.
- International students must have completed secondary/high school before May 21, 2018.
- If you are accepted to the Intensive English course, you will receive an Admission Letter, and I-20 which allows you to apply for an F-1 student visa.
- To reserve a space in the Intensive English Course, please send the Summer Intensive Reply Form to our office and a $500 non-refundable deposit.
The $500 deposit will ONLY be refundable if you provide written proof that the U.S. Embassy denied you F-1 Visa application.
Deadline dates to submit all documents above are:
- Applicants outside of the U.S. – May 25, 2018
- Applicants in the U.S. – June 18, 2018
All application documents must be submitted by the due date. Remaining $2,000 due upon arrival.
Foothill College does not provide on-campus housing. Homestay information can be found with International Student Placements. Information is available at https://www.isphomestays.com/
Fall Quarter Orientation and Registration
All students who successfully complete the Summer Intensive English Program are required to attend the regular fall quarter orientation in late August or early September before registering for academic courses.
Please contact our International Admissions Coordinator at email@example.com or at 1.650.949.7293.
Questions?We're Here to Help!
International Student Programs Office
Administration Building 1900 Room 1933
Overseas Applicant Deadlines