Admitted International Students
Your attendance to orientation is MANDATORY. If you don't attend orientation, you are at risk of having a later registration date during your first year at Foothill College and will not be able to get classes.
Orientation for Fall 2018 quarter will take place September 5 - 7 at 9:45 a.m. in the Smithwick Theater. Please click here for location information.
Be sure to complete the Admitted Student Reply Form before your arrival.
At orientation, bring the following documents:
1. A copy of the page in your passport where the United States Immigration placed a "stamp" to enter the country.
2. A copy of your F-1 visa.
3. A complete Health Statement Form.
September 5 - 7
The following topics will be covered:
- Immigration and International Admissions Issues
- Class Schedule - How to choose courses
- Registration Procedure - How to enroll in courses, tuition payments, MyPortal
- Student Health Insurance
- Health Services Available on Campus, Personal Counseling and Human Services
- Student Activities, Clubs, and Student Government
- Housing: ISP Homestay and Apartment Information, Setting-up your Living Situation
- Foothill Code of Student Conduct
- Complete Forms: Terms of Agreement and Personal Data/Emergency Forms/Collect Immigration Documents
- Campus Safety
September 10 - 13
If you are new to the U.S. educational system and planning to pursue a Bachelor's degree, we strongly advise that you take Counseling 5, Introduction to College. The class is transferrable to the UC and CSU system. The cost is $338 and sign up for class is during orientation on a first come, first serve basis.
September 17 - 21
Events and activities will be available.
English/English for Second Learners and Math tests will be administered during orientation. Please DO NOT schedule a placement test individually.