Government Links

US Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Do not go directly to USCIS if you have questions or concerns about your F-1 status, Please meet with an international student advisor at Foothill College to obtain information about immigration regulations and procedures.
Make photocopies of all documents before you submit them to USCIS. It is also recommended that if you mail materials to USCIS, you send them "certified mail, return receipt requested" to be certain that USCIS receives them. Here is the link to U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Social Security
Social Security Administration
For more information about obtaining a social security number, please visit the Employment section.
Internal Revenue Service (Federal) Franchise Tax Board (California State)
For more information on tax regulations for international students and CINTAX software, please visit the Employment section.
Visas and Consulates
U.S. Department of State
Consular Affairs
General Visa Information
Applying for a Student Visa
Locate a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Your Country
Electronic Embassy (list of foreign embassies in Washington, D.C.)
Canadian Consulate Information
Statement about 120-day suspension of refugee programs and a 90-day ban on travel to the U.S. (PDF)
140 FHDA international students accepted to UCLA, 94 to UC Berkeley, 344 to UC San Diego, 385 to UC Davis for Fall 2015; 72 to USC for Fall 2014! Our students were also accepted to MIT, Stanford, Columbia, Yale, Purdue, NYU, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and more!

International student featured in International Educator magazine article on 2+2 transfer success

Received Export Achievement Award from the U.S. Dept. of Commerce in 2012

Find out more about our Transfer Agreements(pdf).

Foothill is now an
iTEP Test Center.
Instead of TOEFL/IELTS,
Take iTEP for admission.