Absence from the US

If You Are Leaving the United States for Less Than Five Months
If you are planning to leave the United States for less than five months and want to return to continue your studies at Foothill, you may return to the United States with your current I-20 with a valid travel signature within five months of your departure from the U.S.
Re-application to Foothill: If you leave the United States not registered for a quarter but intend to come back within five months, you will need to complete a re-application procedure in the International Student Office in order to be able to register for classes for the next quarter. Please see Barbara Brown in Room 5922 for additional instructions.
If You Are Leaving the United States for More Than Five Months
If you are planning to leave the United States for more than five months, you must obtain a new I-20 from the International Student Office. Additionally, you will need to apply for a new F-1 visa even if your current visa is not expired. You will be assigned a new SEVIS ID number. Upon your return to the United States, you will be required to study for one academic year again to be eligible for practical training (Curricular Practical Training and Optional Practical Training).
Statement about 120-day suspension of refugee programs and a 90-day ban on travel to the U.S. (PDF)
140 FHDA international students accepted to UCLA, 94 to UC Berkeley, 344 to UC San Diego, 385 to UC Davis for Fall 2015; 72 to USC for Fall 2014! Our students were also accepted to MIT, Stanford, Columbia, Yale, Purdue, NYU, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and more!

International student featured in International Educator magazine article on 2+2 transfer success

Received Export Achievement Award from the U.S. Dept. of Commerce in 2012

Find out more about our Transfer Agreements(pdf).

Foothill is now an
iTEP Test Center.
Instead of TOEFL/IELTS,
Take iTEP for admission.