Housing Information
Like most community colleges, Foothill does not have a dormitory on campus and does not directly arrange housing for students.

However, our office provides informational resources and assistance to help you find the most comfortable housing option for you.

Most of our international students choose to stay in private apartment complexes nearby or with American host families through our homestay program.

The area surrounding Foothill College, including the cities of Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and San Jose, is consistently ranked as the safest in the United States. Silicon Valley, with its high standard of living, beautiful and safe neighborhoods, state-of-the-art community resources and facilities, and excellent transportation network, offers many options for comfortable independent and homestay living.

The room and board expenses, included in the total estimated cost on the International Student Application, are based on homestay accommodations for 10 months. Even though this amount is the minimum that you or your sponsor must have available on the financial statement and the bank letter, international students are not just limited to the homestay option while in the United States and are welcome to explore other housing options. However, we strongly recommend that you consider living in a homestay for at least the first 3 months if you have never lived abroad or in the U.S.

Statement about 120-day suspension of refugee programs and a 90-day ban on travel to the U.S. (PDF)
140 FHDA international students accepted to UCLA, 94 to UC Berkeley, 344 to UC San Diego, 385 to UC Davis for Fall 2015; 72 to USC for Fall 2014! Our students were also accepted to MIT, Stanford, Columbia, Yale, Purdue, NYU, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and more!

International student featured in International Educator magazine article on 2+2 transfer success

Received Export Achievement Award from the U.S. Dept. of Commerce in 2012

Find out more about our Transfer Agreements(pdf).

Foothill is now an
iTEP Test Center.
Instead of TOEFL/IELTS,
Take iTEP for admission.