Driving in the US

If you are not a resident of California and are over 18 years old, and have a valid driver's license from your home country, you may drive here without getting a California driver's license (DL) as long as your home country license remains valid.
However, if you are planning to buy a car, most insurance companies will not provide coverage unless you have a valid California driver's license. Also, since a driver's license is commonly used as a form of identification in the U.S. and would be useful if you drive temporarily in another state, it is recommended that you obtain a California DL.
Students who do not intend to drive or purchase a car may obtain a California Identification Card (ID) instead, which is also accepted as a form of identification. The eligibility requirements and some of the steps are the same for DL and ID applications.
CLICK HERE for Eligibility Requirements to Obtain a California Driver's License or ID

CLICK HERE for Procedure to Obtain a California Driver's License
if You Are Over 18

Statement about 120-day suspension of refugee programs and a 90-day ban on travel to the U.S. (PDF)
140 FHDA international students accepted to UCLA, 94 to UC Berkeley, 344 to UC San Diego, 385 to UC Davis for Fall 2015; 72 to USC for Fall 2014! Our students were also accepted to MIT, Stanford, Columbia, Yale, Purdue, NYU, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and more!

International student featured in International Educator magazine article on 2+2 transfer success

Received Export Achievement Award from the U.S. Dept. of Commerce in 2012

Find out more about our Transfer Agreements(pdf).

Foothill is now an
iTEP Test Center.
Instead of TOEFL/IELTS,
Take iTEP for admission.