New Student Arrival: Required Documents
Below is a list of documents from the U.S. Department of State Web site that all applicants for a student visa must provide. You should also consult a U.S. embassy or consulate in your country to see if there are any additional country-specific visa application requirements.
  • A SEVIS-generated Form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status, issued by Foothill College. Applicants need to satisfy our admission requirements in order to receive an I-20.
  • Payment receipt for the SEVIS I-901 fee.
  • Completed application forms: Form DS-156 and Form DS-158. Form DS-156 must be filled out electronically. Some applicants will also be required to complete and sign Form DS-157.
  • A passport with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States.
  • One 2-inch x 2-inch photograph. There are special instructions for the photograph.
  • Transcripts from Foothill (your current U.S. school) if you are a continuing student re-applying for a visa.
  • Submit any additional documents, such as TOEFL scores, financial evidence, etc. required by the U.S. embassy or consulate in the country of visa application.
Statement about 120-day suspension of refugee programs and a 90-day ban on travel to the U.S. (PDF)
140 FHDA international students accepted to UCLA, 94 to UC Berkeley, 344 to UC San Diego, 385 to UC Davis for Fall 2015; 72 to USC for Fall 2014! Our students were also accepted to MIT, Stanford, Columbia, Yale, Purdue, NYU, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and more!

International student featured in International Educator magazine article on 2+2 transfer success

Received Export Achievement Award from the U.S. Dept. of Commerce in 2012

Find out more about our Transfer Agreements(pdf).

Foothill is now an
iTEP Test Center.
Instead of TOEFL/IELTS,
Take iTEP for admission.