Committee Support & Resources
Each committee will be assigned a facilitator and a recorder, appointed by the President and assigned to a committee for a whole year.
- Facilitators and recorders will be Foothill employees, but not members of the committee (they will not vote, they will not be a tri-chair).
- Facilitators and recorders collaborate with the chairs in agenda setting.
Facilitator & Recorder Teams
- Equity & Education: Leticia Maldonado, Facilitator; Jessica Alcaron, Recorder
- Community & Education: Craig Gawlick, Facilitator; Melia Arken, Recorder
- Revenue & Resources: Pauline Brown, Facilitator; Asha Jossis, Recorder
- Advisory Council: Simon Pennington, Facilitator; Vacant, Recorder
Facilitators are responsible for the following:
- Prepare and distribute the agenda (using a standard template) in sufficient time to meet Brown Act requirements.
- During the meeting, encouragie participation from all committee members, calling on members to speak (so as to avoid members talking over each other), keeping the discussion connected to the agenda item, and keeping the discussion within the meeting time.
- Summarize actions prior to voting
- Allow adequate time for additional discussion necessary prior to having the committee vote on an action to be taken
- There may be a monthly meeting of facilitators to share information across committees (this will also provide a backup just in case a facilitator can’t make a meeting).
- Recorders are responsible for taking, posting and sharing the draft minutes of the meeting within a week of the meeting using a standard template.
- The minutes will note topics of discussion, points made, agreement/disagreement on points made, in reasonable detail so that upon review community members could easily understand what was discussed at a meeting.
- Governance Handbook (Updated 2019-2020)
- Educational Master Plan Goals
- Committee Topic Areas
- Committee Operations
- Committee Member Roles and Responsibilities
- Questions for Governance 2019-20
Meeting Document Templates
Download your specific committee templates listed below for preparing ADA 508 accessible Governance meeting documents for uploading and posting to your committee website.
You will need Office 2016 to save the Word document to an accessible online PDF. Please contact ETS to request Office 2016 or a newer version if you do not already have it installed on your computer.
Naming Your Meeting Documents
See how to name and manage your documents for uploading and posting to your committee website.
Developing Meeting Agendas
- Have a clear purpose for the meeting and communicate that purpose on the agenda.
- List whom will be the speaker for each agenda item (if other than facilitator).
- Don’t include too much into one meeting and consider including time blocks for specific items -this indicates relative importance of items and helps people prioritize.
- Schedule important items early in the meeting to ensure sufficient time for discussion.
- Work with your tri-chairs to plan the meeting in advance, and use the agenda as a checklist to make sure you have the right documents, people, and other resources at the meeting.
- Circulate the agenda at least 72 hours in advance along with any materials and include a description and proposed outcome for each items
Please contact me!
Veronica Casas, President's Office
Administration Building 1900