Committee Support & Resources
Each committee will be assigned a facilitator and a recorder, appointed by the President and assigned to a committee for a whole year.
- Facilitators and recorders will be Foothill employees, but not members of the committee (they will not vote, they will not be a tri-chair).
- Facilitators and recorders collaborate with the chairs in agenda setting.
Facilitator & Recorder Teams
- Advisory Council: JANIE GARCIA, Facilitator; VERONICA CASAS, Recorder
- Community & Education: ASHA JOSSIS, Facilitator; MELIA ARKEN, Recorder
- Equity & Education: SUSIE HUERTA, Facilitator; ERIKA OWENS, Recorder
- Revenue & Resources: SOPHIA KIM, Facilitator; DANMIN DENG, Recorder
Facilitators are responsible for the following:
- Prepare and distribute the agenda using a standard template in sufficient time to meet Brown Act requirements.
- During the meeting, encourage participation from all committee members, calling on members to speak (so as to avoid members talking over each other), keeping the discussion connected to the agenda item, and keeping the discussion within the meeting time.
- Summarize actions prior to voting
- Allow adequate time for additional discussion necessary prior to having the committee vote on an action to be taken
- There may be a monthly meeting of facilitators to share information across committees (this will also provide a backup just in case a facilitator can’t make a meeting).
- Recorders are responsible for taking, posting and sharing the draft minutes of the meeting within a week of the meeting using a standard template.
- The minutes will note topics of discussion, points made, agreement/disagreement on points made, in reasonable detail so that upon review community members could easily understand what was discussed at a meeting.
- Meeting Templates & Guidelines
- Managing Meeting Documents for Posting
- Governance Handbook (Updated 2020-2021)
- The Governance Handbook is currently edited and maintained by the President's Office with support from the AVP of College & Community Relations, Marketing & Communications
- Educational Master Plan Goals
- Committee Topic Areas
- Committee Operations
- Committee Member Roles and Responsibilities
- Questions for Governance 2019-20
Please contact me!
Veronica Casas, President's Office
Administration Building 1900