Steps for Success
College Summer Readiness
This five-week summer EOPS program prepares you for college in a relaxed academic setting so that you can experience:
- an introduction to the EOPS program and services provided
- instruction that sharpens your study skills for academic success
- Q&A with current EOPS students and alumni
- an orientation to campus resources
- a fun and social transition into college
You qualify for the Summer College Readiness Program if you:
- are a first-time high school transfer college student or have minimal college experience
- completed the free Foothill College admission application
- have applied for financial aid (note: all EOPS students must be eligible for the BOG fee waiver part A or part B, or meet Method B criteria if qualified for BOG fee waiver C. Apply by submitting a BOG application or the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA.) For more information, visit our Financial Aid Office.
- meet at least one of the EOPS academic eligibility criteria (this will be determined at your EOPS appointment).
The program includes sign up for three courses:
- CNSL 275: Road to College Success: More than Just Books (1 unit) Required EOPS program orientation
- CNSL 5*: Introduction to College (1.5 units) Non-GE; UC/CSU Transferable
- CRLP 55: Lifelong Learning Strategies (3 units) This course will provide you with practical skills that are valuable for college survival. FHGE: Lifelong learning; CSU Transferable
* If you have previously completed CNSL 5 or SPED 8 you are exempt from taking this class.
How to Sign Up
Please contact April Henderson at email@example.com, 650.949.7206, or visit the EOPS office on the 2nd floor of the Student Services Building 8200 in room 8202.