EOPS provides “over and above” services and programs to full-time Foothill College students who qualify for the California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG [Board of Governors] Fee Waiver), and who meet the program’s financially and educationally disadvantaged eligibility criteria.
To be eligible for EOPS, you must
- Be a California resident
- Register as a full-time student (12 or more units)
- Qualify to receive a California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG [Board of Governors] Fee Waiver)
- Have completed less than 105 degree applicable units (excluding ESL and remedial coursework)
- Meet educationally disadvantaged criteria. What does this mean?
Educationally Disadvantaged Critieria
As of October 24, 1987, Title V regulations state that in order for a student to be eligible to receive EOPS (Extended Opportunity Program and Services), she/he must be educationally disadvantaged as determined by the EOPS director or the designee (Article 2, section 56220).
In making that determination for the student, the EOPS director or designee shall consider one or more of the following factors:
- The student did not qualify for enrollment into the minimum level English or mathematics course that is
- applicable to the associate degree.
- The student did not graduate from high school or did not obtain a G.E.D.
- The student graduated from high school with a grade point average below 2.50 on a 4.00 scale.
- The student was previously enrolled in high school or college remedial education.
- Other factors as determined by the EOPS Director or Designee.
Tips to remain in good standing with EOPS
- Meet with your EOPS counselor at least twice per quarter
- See your peer-advisor once a month
- Turn in one Progress Report on time. Online class instructors can complete progress reports online-ask EOPS representative for more information.
- Seek tutorial assistance if needed
- Notify EOPS staff members if there are any changes in your academic schedule
- Complete the minimum of 12 units per quarter and obtain at least a 2.0 GPA
- Abide by the Foothill College Academic Honor Code
- Notify EOPS of address or phone number change