Services & Support
Alternate Media Request
Want to get your E-Text fast and easy? Follow these steps!
Step 1: Search for Texbooks
- www.bookshare.org See Mayra Palmerin-Aguilera to sign up for a membership to this service. The e- text is free of charge.
- www.learningally.org Learning Ally – Audio books read by human voices. Free with membership. To receive membership sign up with Mayra Palmerin-Aguilera. The e-text is free of charge.
- http://www.accesstext.org/resources.php – Use the Access Text Network Accessible text finder – no membership required. You will need to purchase the accessible text.
- For materials less than (max 32 MB), use Sensus Access to get your materials the next day. This is a service provided by Foothill College.
Step 2: Request E-Text
- If you do not find your textbook at the above resources, fill out the online Alternative Media Request Form. You will need to purchase your text book and upload or bring in your receipt as proof of purchase.
- You will receive an email response. Follow the instructions for downloading your e-text.
Step 3: Install Text to Speech Reader
- Come to the Computer Access Center or make an appointment with Mayra Palmerin-Aguilera at email firstname.lastname@example.org to get Read & Write Gold Study Toolbar software installed on your computer to access your e-text.