Out of the Area, Transferring & Online Students
If you're out of the area or out of the state, follow these steps.
- Make sure you're eligible for a test!
- Complete the Out-of-Area Assessment Testing Form
- Email the completed form to email@example.com
- This process may take up to five (5) business days
Out of state students can also visit the National College Testing Association (NCTA) for a listing of Testing Centers.
Be sure to study before testing!
Already taken the Accuplacer Assessment Test at another institution?
If YES, review the following information to see if your results are transferrable to Foothill.
Foothill cannot transfer placement results from the following:
- Accuplacer placement scores that are more than one year old (365 days)
- Non-Accuplacer placement test scores
- Next Generation Accuplacer test scores
- California State University (CSUs) or University of California (UCs) placement test scores
- De Anza College's Biology Placement Test scores
- De Anza College's Calculus Readiness Exam scores
- De Anza College's CELSA Exam scores
- Chemistry placement scores (with the exception of De Anza's Chemistry Placement Test scores)
Next steps if your Accuplacer scores are eligible for transfer:
- Complete the Accuplacer Assessment Score Transfer form
- Attach to the form an official print out of your scores — Required information: Your full name, your exam date, the institution's name, and your test scores
- Email the complete form and required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This process may take up to five business days
- Score transfers will be posted on your MyPortal account
- Not sure if you have taken the Accuplacer test? Review the Accuplacer California Community Colleges listing
- Please Note: transferring Accuplacer scores will count as one of the two assessment tests a student is eligible to take.
Transferred Assessment Scores & Foothill's Retest Policy
- If the transferred assessment score is accepted, the placement will be considered the student's first placement at Foothill College.
- After the placement test score is transferred to Foothill College, students may retake the English, ESL, and/or Math placement tests one (1) time at Foothill College within a six (6) month period of the initial date of the assessment score transfer.
- However, students cannot retest in a subject if they have earned a transcriptable grade (passing, or D, F, W, NP or I) in the subject/course sequence in which they are seeking a new placement.
- Students can retake the Chemistry Placement Test one (1) year after the date of the first exam.
Ownership of Transferred Assessment Scores
- If the transferred assessment score is accepted, a student will be placed appropriately within Foothill's course sequence.
- Should a student wish to transfer assessment scores earned at Foothill to an outside institution, the Testing & Assesement Center will provide assessment test results to the student directly.
- However, Foothill cannot provide placement scores that were originally earned at another institution and transferred to Foothill.