Fees are due at time of registration.
Enrollment Fee: $31 per unit. (Effective Summer 2012)
Learn more about the financial aid resources offered by Foothill College.
Basic Fees:$50.00-$52.00 (Effective Winter 2014)
* VTA Clipper Card is $5 for full-time students who are enrolled in 12 or more units;
$4 for part-time students who are enrolled in 6 units up to 11.5 units, and $3 for the
students who are enrolled in less than 6 units . Students with a Clipper Card enjoy
unlimited rides on all VTA buses and light rail for the duration of each quarter
with a valid term sticker.
Student ID Card Fee
Health Services Fee
This fee supports many services, activities, and discounts, such as free dental services,
recreation room and movie tickets.
Learn more about the OwlCard at the Student Activities Office.
This mandatory fee provides health services. Students who depend exclusively upon prayer for healing and students
in approved apprenticeship training programs may request this fee to be waived by submitting
the Health Fee Exemption Form (PDF)
This is a state-mandated fee paid by all students.
Student Representation Fee
This fee provides support for students or student groups to present student viewpoints to government agencies and legislators.
Fee Waivers and Reduction
The Student ID Card Fee & the Student Representation Fee are not required and are voluntary.
The Campus Center Use Fee can be reduced to $10 for students with all classes meeting off-campus and who
live outside of the district service area. Call the Cashier's Office (after the first two weeks of school)
to request to have these fees waived and/or reduced: (650) 949-7644 or (650) 949-7331.
If you have already paid your fees and want the Student Body Fee removed,
you must first contact the Smart Shop, Room 2016
Note: Student parking permits are not required at the Middlefield Campus.
A parking permit is required at all times at the Foothill College main campus. When
properly displayed, a permit authorizes you to park in any student lot. Failure to properly
display a parking permit, except in 30-minute parking spaces, will result in a citation.
Foothill College and De Anza College parking permits are valid at both campuses. A permit
is not required at the Foothill Middlefield campus in Palo Alto.
There are three types of parking permit decals: annual, quarterly and day-use.
Parking Fees & How to Get a Permit
Purchase a day-use permit for $3 (beginning Winter 2012) from vending machines in student parking lots.
Machines accept $1 bills, and nickel, dime and quarter coins only. The day-use permit
is valid on the date of purchase only. Before purchasing a daily permit, always find a
legal parking space first. Park in marked spaces only!
Annual & Quarterly Permits
When you register for classes online, you may buy a parking permit in MyPortal. If you use this method, you may print a short-term temporary permit that must be replaced by the permanent decal permit that will be mailed to the address you specify. You will be charged a service fee when you select the immediate permit option. If you are not an enrolled student at Foothill or De Anza college, you will not be able to login to MyPortal to buy a parking permit. However, you can buy a permit from the permit vendor.
Annual Auto Permits
- Summer Session $90 (valid for full year; Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring)
- Fall Quarter $70 (valid for Fall, Winter and Spring Quarters)
- Winter Quarter $50 (valid for Winter and Spring Quarters)
- Auto - $26.65: Fall, Winter or Spring Quarters
- Auto - $20.00: Summer Session
- Motorcycle/Moped - $15.00
You Need to Know
- Parking permits are required seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- All vehicles must properly display a valid parking permit. Students are authorized to park in marked stalls in student lots only. Students may not park in stalls marked for disabled, staff, vendors, official vehicles or park in roadways, dirt areas or along parking lot curbing.
- People with disabilities are required to display state-issued identification on their vehicles or, in the event of temporary disabilities, obtain permits from the Disability Resource Center, Room 5801; or call (650) 949-7017.
- Staff parking permits are required for all staff spaces. Staff permits are issued by the District Police Department.
- Special permits will be issued only by the District Police Department. The permit must be displayed on the dashboard or hang on the interior mirror so it can be read from the outside. Special permits are valid only when used within the areas and dates designated on the permit.
- The parking decal may be transferred between vehicles.
- Refunds for quarterly decals are available only when you drop all classes and return the decal within the first two weeks of the quarter, or first week of Summer Session. Annual permits are non-refundable.
- There is no free replacement for lost, stolen, or damaged decals.
- Possession of a parking permit does not guarantee you a parking space. If the lot is full, you must try another student parking lot.
- Parking information is posted on signs at the entrance to Foothill College and every lot on campus.
The above regulations apply 365 days a year unless otherwise noted. Illegally parked vehicles can be cited and/or towed, even if class is not in session. Overnight parking is not allowed. Read all signs and road markings carefully. Be sure to park only in a marked space, clearly display your permit, and lock your vehicle.
Section 23113A of the California Vehicle Code grants the authority for the Foothill-De Anza College Police Department to enforce all Vehicle Code violations on the parking lots and roadways within the Foothill-De Anza Community College District property. In addition, the District may adopt its own regulations to provide adequate parking and the safe movement of pedestrians and vehicles.
On-campus parking, traffic and police matters are conducted by the Foothill-De Anza District Police Department. The complete list of college parking and traffic regulations is posted in the Admissions Office in Room 8101 and FHDA District Police Department in Room 2103. For more information, call (650) 949-7313.
- Out-of-state and Foreign citizens ($144.00 per unit)
- International Student Health Insurance $484
- Out-of-state, Foreign citizens and eligible visa holders will be charged
$144 per unit in addition to the basic and required enrollment fees.
(EX: A, E, G, I, K, L, H1, H4, Permanent Resident, etc.)
- Health insurance will be required of all foreign students who hold F-1 visas
issued by Foothill-De Anza. This fee is payable at the time of registration.
For more information, see the International Student Program.
You May Be Dropped for Non-Payment
See: Non-Payment of Enrollment Fees
Calculation & Payment of Fees
Use the Fee Calculator to determine your fees. All fees are due and payable when you register.
- See important dates to remember for deadlines to enroll, add or drop classes and request refunds for each quarter.
- Payment for classes is due upon enrollment. You must pay in full within five days after you register or you will be be dropped for non-payment.
- Students with an outstanding balance will not be eligible to register for future Foothill College courses, request transcripts, receive financial aid and scholarships or petition to graduate.
- Payment may be made by check, money order, cashier's check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card. DO NOT SEND CASH.
Refund Policies and Procedures
See: Refund Policies and Procedures
All fees are subject to change without notice. You are responsible
for paying your fees when you register for courses. Be aware that if you
do not submit payment in full when you register, you may be dropped from
your classes for non-payment.
Top of Page