Transfer Counseling — Drop In or Make
What is Transfer Drop In?
Drop-in transfer counseling is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Sessions are limited to 10 minutes and are intended for quick and brief questions, such as:
- Finding out about transfer deadlines and/or requirements
- Help with university applications
- Personal Essay Review
- Class selection for the quarter
- Basic transfer information
Drop-In Times and Location
Drop-In transfer counseling is available on a limited basis.
What is a 30-Minute Transfer Counseling Appointment?
Some issues, such as those listed below, require more time than a 10-minute drop-in session and you should schedule an appointment to see a counselor.
How to Prepare for a 30-Minute Counseling Appointment
- The development of your Student Education Plan (SEP)
- Academic, progress and disqualification holds
- Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAGs) contracts
- Financial Aid and Veterans Educational Transfer Plans
- Choosing a major
- Course substitutions
- Filing petitions for IGETC or CSU General Education
- Transcript evaluation
Canceling a Counseling Appointment
- BE ON TIME!
- Bring transcripts from other colleges, test scores, your education plan, and any other records that are relevant to the issues you want to discuss.
- Make a list of questions you want to ask.
- Do as much legwork ahead of time so you can make the most out of your time with the counselor.
- Note: Any documents (transcripts, forms, etc.) faxed to the Counseling Division are used by the counselors and then shredded. They are not kept on file at the division office.
- CLICK HERE to make a 30-minute transfer
If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance. There are two ways to cancel:
- Log into the transfer counseling appointment site.
- Click on View or Cancel Appointments button
- Click on Cancel button on the left
- Select a reason for canceling
- Click on Continue button to cancel the appointment
- Or call the Transfer Center at (650) 949-7821.