Welcome to the Office of Instruction and Institutional Research at Foothill College. Our goal with our web site is to offer relevant and timely information on the areas under our jurisdiction:
- College Skills (Basic Skills)
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Planning & Program Review
- Institutional Research
- Student Learning Outcomes & Assessment.
For updates, please refer to our latest
The mission of the Office of Instruction and Institutional Research is to shape the future direction and environment of student learning at Foothill College through the implementation of creative
solutions and innovative ideas in conjunction with evidence-based decision making and research.
The purpose of the Office of Instruction and Institutional Research is to facilitate and empower student learning through curriculum, articulation, research, and program planning.
ADMINISTRATIVE UNIT OUTCOMES
The 2015-2016 goals and objectives of the Office of Instruction and Institutional Research are to:
- Provide students with access to current college catalog, course outlines and Student Learning Outcomes.
- Ensure students are offered career, workforce and basic skills instruction with approved college curriculum in accordance to Title 5 and the Educational Code.
- Provide faculty with fair and equitable evaluation and tenure processes.
ACTION PLANS & PRIORITIES
The following projects support our Administrative Unit Outcomes.
- Create an environment where a free and open exchange of ideas reflects our diverse voices.
Model and practice the core institutional values of trust, honesty, openness, forgiveness, integrity and responsibility.
- Set up a quarterly newsletter to communicate the actions and objectives of the Office of Instruction and Institutional Research.
- Enhance the website to document and deliver coherent information about this year’s initiatives.
- Create a feedback loop on the curriculum management system that allows users to provide constructive feedback.
Promote student learning through the alignment of student services with academics.
- Clearly design and designate roles of committees and members to encourage transparency, accountability, and effectiveness throughout the college.
- Implement the action items related the basic skills initiative, especially pertaining to areas that can be aligned between student services and academics to deliver a holistic solution to our
- Attempt to achieve a 100% response on the program planning annual update and integrate the responses into the basic skills, educational resources, workforce initiatives and solutions, and wherever