Fees are due at time of registration.
Enrollment Fee: $31 per unit.
Learn more about the financial aid resources offered by Foothill College.
* VTA Eco Pass Clipper Card is $5 for full-time students who are enrolled in 12 or more units;
$4 for part-time students who are enrolled in 6 units up to 11.5 units, and $3 for the
students who are enrolled in less than 6 units . Students with an Eco Pass Clipper Card enjoy
unlimited rides on all VTA buses and light rail for the duration of each quarter in which enrolled. Learn more about the ASFC VTA Eco Pass program.
Student ID Card Fee
Health Services Fee
This fee supports many services, activities, and discounts, such as free dental services,
recreation room and movie tickets.
Learn more about the OwlCard at the Student Activities Office.
This mandatory fee provides health services. Students who depend exclusively upon prayer for healing and students
in approved apprenticeship training programs may request this fee to be waived by submitting
the Health Fee Exemption Form (PDF)
This is a state-mandated fee paid by all students.
Student Representation Fee
This fee provides support for students or student groups to present student viewpoints to government agencies and legislators.
Fee Waivers and Reduction
The Student ID Card Fee & the Student Representation Fee are not required and are voluntary.
Students who do not wish to pay the optional fees must submit a request by email to
. The waiver must be submitted
during the registration period and is valid for the applicable term.
The Campus Center Use Fee can be reduced to $10 for students who only enroll into online classes with no on-site meeting and who
live outside of the district service area. Send an email to FoothillFeeWaiver@fhda.edu
(after the first two weeks of school)
to request the Campus Center Use Fee to be waived and/or reduced. Be sure to include your student ID number in all email correspondence.
- Out-of-state and Foreign citizens ($152 per unit, effective 2015 Summer)
- International Student Health Insurance $484
- Out-of-state, Foreign citizens and eligible visa holders will be charged
$152 per unit in addition to the basic and required enrollment fees.
(EX: A, E, G, I, K, L, H1, H4, Permanent Resident, etc.)
- Health insurance is required of all foreign students who hold F-1 visas
issued by Foothill-De Anza is payable at the time of registration.
For more information, see the International Student Program.
New! Effective Spring 2015, out-of-state students enrolled in 6 units or less at either Foothill, De Anza or combined, will be waived payment for the $152 non-resident tuition fee.
Non-resident students registered for 6.5 units or more for the term will be charged the $152/unit tuition for all units enrolled (including the first 6 units).
NOTE: The fee reduction does not apply to foreign students.
Concurrent High School Students
Concurrent High School Students enrolled in 12 units or more (6 in summer) at either Foothill, De Anza, or combined are considered a regular full time student and will be charged all fees.
Calculation & Payment of Fees
Use the Fee Calculator to determine fees. All fees are due and payable at the time of registration.
- See important dates to remember for deadlines to enroll, add or drop classes and request refunds for each quarter.
- Payment for classes is due upon enrollment. Drop for Nonpayment days vary for each quarter.
- Students with an outstanding balance will not be eligible to register for future Foothill College courses, request transcripts, receive financial aid and scholarships or petition to graduate.
- Payment may be made by check, money order, cashier's check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card. DO NOT SEND CASH.
All fees are subject to change without notice. Students are responsible
for paying fees at the time of registration. It is the student's responsbility to notifiy Admissions and Records and the Cashier's Office of any fee
Warning: Outstanding Accounts
All accounts with an outstanding fee balance at the end of the term will be
forwarded to a third-party collection agency. Students are responsible for any fee charged by the collection agency. Collection costs
of 30 percent will be charged to the student. Delinquent account information may be reported to national credit reporting agencies by the collection agency.
Top of Page