The Foothill College Summer Intensive ESL Program is a great opportunity for
international students with lower TOEFL/IELTS scores to start their studies at Foothill
in the summer and transition directly into the fall quarter.
Download the Summer Intensive English 2016
Guaranteed Admission for Fall Quarter with Lower
You will not be required to retake the TOEFL or IELTS test!
Intensive English Program Includes:
- Guaranteed admission for the Fall quarter (upon completion of the program)
- 125 hours of intensive English training
- 10 units of Foothill College credit
- Small classes with personal attention
- Field trip to magnificent Bay Area sights and attractions.
||June 26 – August 18, 2017
||(no classes on Friday)
Program cost includes:
Tuition and enrollment fees
Mandatory health insurance
Housing, books, transportation, and personal expenses are not included.
Completed Application & Deposit due by:
Overseas Applicants – May 22, 2017
Students in the U.S. – June 17, 2017
All application documents must be submitted by the due date. Remaining $2,000 due upon arrival.
Requirements and Application Procedure:
International Student Application
required admission documents,
Summer Intensive Reply Form, a
$75 application fee and a
$75 shipping fee.
- Submit proof of English proficiency: official TOEFL score 475–499 PBT, 52-60 IBT, IELTS: 5.0 – 5.9 or iTEP 3.5 or Eiken Step 2.
- International students must have completed secondary/high school before May 22, 2017.
- If you are accepted to the Intensive English course, you will receive an Admission
Letter, Reply Form and I-20, which allows you to apply for an F-1 student visa.
- To reserve a space in the Intensive English Course, please send the reply form to
our office with the $500 non-refundable deposit.** The deposit will be used towards
your tuition fees. Remaining fees will be due by June 2.
The $500 deposit will be refunded if the U.S. embassy denies your F-1 visa application
with written proof of the denial.
Foothill College does not provide on-campus housing. Homestay information is
available at http://www.isphomestays.com/program/nca.html.
For more information about homestay prices and application, visit our housing section. Other housing options, such as apartments, are also available.
Fall Quarter Orientation and Registration
All students who successfully complete the Summer Intensive English Program are
required to attend the regular fall quarter orientation
in late August or early September before registering for academic courses.
For More Information About the Summer Intensive English Program
Please contact Maria Sandone, our International Admissions Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1-650-949-7293.