You are registered for [insert course prefix and number] which is delivered via the internet using Canvas.
If this is the first online course you have ever taken using Canvas, then I strongly urge you to do at least one of the following:
- Attend one of the on-campus "Orientation to Etudes" sessions held during the first week of each quarter.
- Review the information provided in the online "Student Canvas Orientation" site.
- Check out the Student Readiness self-assessment and tutorials.
Access to Your Course Site
To access or log in to your online course site in Canvas:
- Log in to MyPortal (https://myportal.fhda.edu)
- Click on the Student tab
- Look for "My Online Courses"
- Click on "Log into Canvas"
Avoid Getting Dropped
To avoid being dropped for non-attendance, you need to [insert your instructions].
Enjoy your quarter,
[insert Instructor’s Name and email address]