Faculty can issue Add Codes for fully online courses only to students using the Send Add Codes Tool via My Portal. Follow these Steps:
- Login to My Portal > Faculty tab > My Class List > select term
- Click on class link for your fully online course (this will take you to the Active Roster)
- Look in the Status Column for each student
- Students who got on your Waitlist before the quarter started will have the word "Waitlist"
- Students who have requested an Add Code after the quarter started will have "Late Add Req." (in green colored font)
- Click on checkboxes next to names of students (those with Late Add Req and/or Waitlist) who you want to get Add Codes
- Most faculty issue Add Codes to students in chronological order starting with those who are on the Waitlist, then those who have submitted Late Add Req.
- Click on Tools in top toolbar
- Click on Send Add Codes (this will send an email with an Add Code to students with boxes checked)
- Once you have sent an Add Code to a student, an icon of a green head will appear next to Late Add Req.
- Once the student has used the Add Code to enroll, Late Add Req. will change to Registered.
- You can use Email Selected Students to let the other students know that you will not issue Add Codes to them (this step may be more automated in time for the Spring quarter)
- Your Roster will show which students have received Add Codes
The Send Add Code tool uses Add Codes from the bottom of the generated Add Code list, and then marks these Add Codes so that they are not visible in the printout. There is little risk of issuing duplicate Add Codes.