Committees and Professional Development
- Online/Tech Committees - Consider joining a committee
- Professional Development Program - Calendar of workshops and events, PGA guidelines, and resources
Forms and Templates
- Online Forms - EOPS, Add/Drop forms, grades, contracts, ...
- Process for Student Evaluation of Online Course
Student Welcome Message Template
- ➥ Division-specific Online Course Standards - Click on your division to download the course standards
- Course Design Rubric (Online Education Initiative) - Do a self evaluation of your course using the OEI rubric
- Online Course Quality Review Criteria - Does your course meet the following criteria?
- Teaching practices and tips - Learn how to prevent cheating, improve student retention, online teaching best practices, and lots more...
Online Course Quick Check
Web Tools and Resources - Free
- Web tools and resources for teaching online - Learn how to:
- Create videos and store them on YouTube
- Create engaging teaching materials, slide presentations and blogs
- Collaborate with students using online tools
- Find free images to use in your courses
- Open Educational Resources
- Learn How to Use MyPortal and Banner
- To report technical problems with MyPortal, submit a Technical Problem Report Form
- For assistance with other technical problems, please submit a Ticket to the District's Call Center for technical help:
Instructional Design Consultation
What is an instructional designer? An instructional designer is someone who understands how people learn and can help identify learning needs and implement solutions to improve learning outcomes. Instructional designers are skilled at organizing educational materials in a way that makes them easier for learners to digest and are frequently well-versed in educational technology and multimedia.
Why consult with an instructional designer? You’re:
- Designing a new course or redesigning an existing course
- Seeking advice on how to address a specific learning need (i.e. incorporating more formative or immediate feedback opportunities into your course, identifying ways to create more active learning opportunities)
- Interested in flipping your classroom
- Looking for ways to make your course content more engaging
Contact Heather Garcia for instructional design consultation.