Join us for a FREE face-to-face orientation to Canvas, the new software that Foothill instructors will be using to teach online classes. You can choose to attend a session from the dates listed below. No registration is required.
If you can't make it to campus for our face-to-face orientation, step through the online orientations.
Canvas Student Orientation course - Canvas course guides you through the Canvas guides and provides links to videos
Canvas Student Tour - Series of short videos (~5 mins) designed to help you learn how to use Canvas.
- View in any order
- To view all videos takes about 35 mins
Attend our Canvas student orientation session on campus!
Tuesday, April 11
Time: 2:00 - 3:00 pm
Wednesday, April 12
Time: 1:00 - 2:00 pm
* If you are registered, bring your Student ID to log into Canvas and follow along during the session!
Topics covered in the orientation include:
- What is Canvas?
- Computer and Web browser requirements
- How to log in and get set up
- Navigating the course website
- Getting Help
- Viewing lectures
- Completing assignments
- Participating in class discussions
- Taking tests and quizzes