Foothill College Scholarship Information
Access to Previous Years' Scholarship Information (until March 23, 2015)
APPLY NOW FOR FOOTHILL SCHOLARSHIPS
General scholarship deadline is 04/03/15!
The Foothill-De Anza District has finally transitioned to a new scholarship system called AcademicWorks that will make applying for scholarships much easier and more efficient. We have posted dozens of scholarship opportunities for the 2014-15 academic year.
View Foothill College Scholarship Offerings
Checklist for Scholarship Application Process
- Log in to MyPortal
- Click on your Students tab
- Click on the AcademicWorks logo
- Under the Applications tab in AcademicWorks, click on “General Applications”
- Click on the “General Application” link in that section to complete your general scholarship application
- Click on Opportunities
Apply for scholarships for which you qualify by the listed deadline.
- Scroll to Recommended Scholarships
- Applying for scholarships is a competitive process. Please be aware that not every student who applies for scholarships will win.
- If you don't meet the minimum criteria for a scholarship that you apply for, your application will not be considered for that scholarship.
- If you fail to attach/copy and paste a legible copy of any of the required documents, such as your Foothill College transcript, resume, etc., your application will be incomplete and it will not be considered for the scholarship.
- All required documents must be submitted online. The Financial Aid Office does not accept any documents, such as letters of recommendation, on a student’s behalf.
- You can go to the Foothill College Media Center (Portable Buildings, Parking Lot 5, Rooms 5941 & 5942) to scan your academic transcripts for FREE.
- Once you’ve applied for Foothill scholarships, you can monitor the status of those applications in AcademicWorks by going to the Applications tab and clicking on “Active”.
- There is no limit to how many scholarships you can apply for. However, please be sure to review and verify you meet the minimum scholarship criteria prior to applying.
- Most scholarships disburse during Spring or Fall quarters of each academic year. Please note that in order for the Foothill College system to disburse your scholarship funds, you must be enrolled in at least six units for the term, unless otherwise stated in the scholarship posting.
Checklist for Scholarship Application Process
Tips for Writing Your "My Story" Essay
Outside Scholarship Donors
View Outside Scholarship Offerings
Occasionally, Foothill College Financial Aid Office is asked by an Outside Agency to
advertise a scholarship they offer to undergraduate students. Please be sure to
review all information posted for a scholarship you are applying since scholarship
requirements and an application process will vary from one scholarship to another.
Should you have any questions pertaining to the application process, please contact
an agency representative listed on the scholarship posting.
Additional Scholarship Information
Information and services on all four of the links below are FREE.
http://www.fastweb.com/ is highly recommended online resource that provides a free matching service for scholarships. Once you complete a profile, you’ll have access to a database of more than 1.5 million scholarships.
http://www.guaranteed-scholarships.com/ lists and describes scholarships offered by individual colleges and universities to all enrolled students meeting the specific criteria.
http://www.college-scholarships.com/ is an all purpose college and scholarship information site which includes links to nine free internet scholarship search data bases, links to college websites and online applications, college admissions office email addresses and (mostly toll free) phone numbers, ACT and SAT prep information, and much, much more. The site has been the recipient of more than 25 internet awards and receives more than 150,000 visits each month.
Scholarships and Grants Free US College Scholarships, Grants, Competitions and Awards Resources.
All four sites allow students and educators to sign up for a free email newsletter offering valuable information on college admission, scholarships and financial aid, careers, college life, and other important subjects of interest to students, counselors, parents, and teachers.
Another good source for scholarship information can be found at SuperCollege.com.
More Scholarship Links (pdf file)
Scholarship Review Committee
Please check back.
Updated instructions coming soon.
If you are interested in volunteering as a Scholarship Review Committee member, please email
Scholarship Giving at Foothill College
for information on how to establish a new scholarship at Foothill College.
Thanks to our Scholarship Donors!
top of page