- Home >
- Outreach: Summer Bridge Math
Summer Bridge Math Program
Every student is different, and math can be more of a challenge for some students. Many students arrive at Foothill and discover that they must take several pre-algebra courses before they are able to enroll in college-level math classes. Often, this may be because the student experiences math anxiety, didn’t score high marks on the math placement test, or may have a few gaps in their math knowledge. The Summer Bridge Math Program is an opportunity to work with students to improve placement testing scores by helping them master key math concepts. With this foundational knowledge they will be successful and earn good grades in math courses, including intermediate algebra and beyond.
The Foothill College Summer Bridge Math Program is funded in part through the Basic Skills Initiative Grant from the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office.
- Recent high school graduate and enrolling at Foothill College for the first time
- Took Foothill's math placement test and results placed you in a lower math class (MATH 235, 230, 220, 217, 108, 105; NCBS 401A/B) but you believe that you're capable of doing well in higher-level math courses
Benefits of taking this seminar
- In two weeks will retain more math knowledge, remember math concepts and be better prepared to succeed in Foothill College math classes
- Review and improve math skills in an affordable seminar
- Prepare for the math placement test in a stimulating environment
- Receive a $50 book voucher after completing the math bridge program and enrolling in a math class for fall.
Program Schedule 2016
The program will be offered twice this summer in August. Each session is two weeks long and meets Monday through Friday the first week, and Monday through Thursday the second week. Choose one session.
- August 1-5: 9AM - 11:20 AM
- August 8-10: 9AM - 11:20 AM
- August 11: 9AM - 1:30 PM (Lunch and raffle!)
- August 15-19: 9AM - 11:20 AM
- August 22-24: 9AM - 11:20 AM
- August 25: 9AM - 1:30 PM (Lunch and raffle!)
Sign up in 3 easy steps
Contact the Foothill College representative listed below who will help you complete the registration process:
- Contact Eric Reed at email@example.com.