- Home >
- Outreach: STEM Summer Camps
2014 Summer Camp was a great success!
STEM Summer Camps
STEM Summer Camp at Foothill College is a program for students who will be freshmen, sophomores, juniors or seniors in the Fall of 2015. We are looking for students who want to strengthen and expand their scientific knowledge and have fun!!! A variety of science and engineering concepts will be introduced through hands-on experiments.
Tentative Schedule of Sessions for Summer 2015
|Week 0||Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4|
|June 22 - 25||June 29 - July 2||July 6 - 9||July 13 - 16||July 20 - 23|
|Amusement Park Physis||X||X|
|Build an App||X||X||X||X||X|
|The Chemistry of Cooking||X|
|3D Modeling and Printing||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Video Game Design||X||X||X||X|
|Build a City||X||X||X||X|
- The registration will open on February 2nd, 2015
- Each session will cost $150 USD
- Scholarships available for under-represented students from low income families
- For any additional questions, please contact Oxana Pantchenko at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking Information: http://www.foothill.edu/news/transportation.php
- Campus Map: http://www.foothill.edu/news/images/FHMap.pdf
STEM Summer Camp 2014 Highlights
Build an App and Video Game Design Workshops
Students got plenty of hands-on experience developing apps. They heard technical talks and and saw demos by Microsoft. Doris Chen, a Microsoft developer evangelist, was especially eye-opening to the students, many of whom thought that creating world-class apps was beyond their abilities.
"Many students attended the workshop wanting to develop Android apps, but Doris's presentation/demo of HTML5 and the ease with which an app could be put together using some of the free open-source technologies demonstrated by her turned many of them around." said Anand Venkataraman, Foothill Computer Science faculty and instructor of the Build-An-App workshop.
Anand's website - Learn more and see some of the apps